To enhance the downtown tenant and visitor experience and be a catalyst for economic development.
To provide efficient, convenient and affordable parking options for downtown Cedar Rapids.
- Leverage technology to enhance the customer experience
- Use parking as a tool for economic development
- Protect downtown patrons through security efforts, amenities and services
- Provide convenient parking options at lower-than-average rates
- Promote downtown businesses, services, entertainment and recreation
- Deliver exemplary customer service every day
Park Cedar Rapids partners with the Cedar Rapids Metro Economic Alliance to restore and maintain the downtown parking system.
- All revenue that is collected by Park Cedar Rapids – including monthly permit fees, on-street meters, citations, event rental and meter hooding revenue – is reinvested back into the system
- By leveraging technology, sustainability and urban design we are able to ensure high revenue with lower-than-average parking rates
On April 1, 2011, the City of Cedar Rapids turned over management of the downtown parking system to the Cedar Rapids Downtown District. While the City of Cedar Rapids retained ownership of the parking facilities, including ramps, surface lots and the on-street metered parking spaces, the Downtown District is now responsible for setting public policy related to the system’s operation. The Downtown District also oversees and provides support to the Park Cedar Rapids management team and staff who oversee the daily operations.
The transfer of system oversight from the City to the Downtown District was the first of six “Primary Action Items” outlined by the Parking Strategic Action Plan, which was unanimously approved by the Council on April 27, 2010. The plan is focused on supporting the economic development goals of downtown and will serve as the road map to revitalization of the system.